About the Scholarship
The scholarship is $500.00 per year for four year’s of Catholic high school education within the Diocese of Phoenix for a total of $2000.00. This scholarship is open to any boy or girl graduating from 8th grade in the spring of 2019, who meets one of the following requirements:
- the family is a registered member of Ss. Simon & Jude: or
- is a student at Ss. Simon & Jude Elementary School: or
- is within the religious education program at Ss Simon & Jude: or
- is a child of a 12708 council member who has been accepted to any Phoenix area Catholic high school.
There is one (1) scholarship available for 2019.
Scholarship Contact Information
Knights of Columbus
Ss. Simon & Jude Cathedral Council 12708
C/O Jim Andrews
7310 N. 16th Street, Suite 320, Phoenix, Arizona 85020
This scholarship is awarded by committee vote based on the following criteria:
B. Extra-curricular activities
D. Financial need
E. Community service
- Print or type the application form completely and correctly. An incomplete application will be rejected from consideration.
- Secure copies of all 7th grade and first semester 8th grade report cards and attach these to the back of the application form.
- Write an essay incorporating the following theme. “What a scholarship to a Catholic high school would mean to me”. This should be double spaced typewritten or word processed. Handwritten essays will be rejected. Essays should be no less than 150 words and limited to one page. Essay must be attached to the application form behind the report cards.
- Secure two letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, coaches, or school administrators who have evaluated you academically. Attach these letters to the application form directly behind the essay.
- Don’t forget to sign and have a custodial parent or legal guardian sign the application form.
- Deadline is May 7th, 2019 for the Knights of Columbus to receive all scholarship applications.
- Do not send anything else other than what’s been requested.
- Mail the application form and all the attachments exactly as they have been explained to the attention of:
Knights of Columbus #12708
7310 N. 16th Street, Suite 320
Phoenix, Arizona 85020
The winner will be notified prior to the Commencement. The Scholarship certificate will be presented at the Graduation Commencement. The winner's name will be reported to The Catholic Sun for publication.
Congratulations to the 2019 Scholarship Winner!
Joscelynn Perez Ramirez
This scholarship is $500.00, payable to a Catholic High School in the Phoenix Metropolitan area, and is renewable for each year of the winner's Catholic High School career (four years).